Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another week of Top 9....

I would like to start this blog the same way I started many a blog last season... with a letter to my beloved Adam Lambert!

Adam-
Oh how I have MISSED YOU!! Tomorrow night will be the most fantastic show of the season for me since you will be performing! And although it seemed that not one contestant listened to your advice, it was so wonderful to see you again! You were the reason I tuned in tonight... even though I would've watched no matter what, YOU were the reason I was finally excited about a show this season and I'd like to thank you for that. I'd also like to thank you for coming to Minneapolis on June 12 because I will BE there!!!! Once again I'd just like to say... you rock my world.

Ok...now that that is out of the way...let's just talk about one more thing before I get to the performances. WHY wasn't I that blonde girl in the audience tonight? You know...the one that was sitting right behind my one love, Adam, and right NEXT to my other love, Mr. Shuester from Glee! Ugh. I was so jealous of her all night long! Who does she think she is!? Ugh. Enough about that though...all in all it was a pretty decent night. I'll just say right off the bat that my prediction for the two going home is Aaron and Andrew... but we'll get to them later... Let's talk about the girls first.

Crystal: I feel like I am running out of things to talk about regarding Crystal. She's been so consistent that it's almost as if nothing more can really be said. She's a great vocalist...HAS been since the beginning, and she always seems to do a great job no matter what the song choice or how she chooses to switch it up. She sounded great tonight, picked a song that fit her voice well, and performed it great.... just like pretty much every other week. I wouldn't say that I'm getting bored with her... but it's just nothing new. I will be VERY surprised if she is not in the final two....

Katie: Once again I cannot believe that I am writing this sentence... but Katie did a great job tonight. Maybe she just needed to get over her nerves the first few weeks or whatever, but for the second week in a row now I've thought that she's sounded really good. I'm still not crazy about her, but she has come LEAPS and BOUNDS from where she started in the top 24. I will say, however, that she needs to cool it with the accessories. WHY do you need to wear 10 necklaces AND huge earrings AND a huge ring, AND bracelets. Less is more, Katie! The good news for her though is that I can now say (much to my own surprise) that I like her better than...

Siobhan: I'm just over her. Here's the deal...and hopefully someone can answer this for me,.. what is UP with her 238 different voices? Her tone is ALL over the place. One minute she sounds one way, the next minute she sounds completely different. I don't like it. I just cannot stress enough how much she has been reminding me of an SNL sketch lately with the way she sings. I just can't take her seriously anymore. I'm not really sure where it was that she lost me, but I'm lost.

Alright....on to the fellas.
Andrew: I think his time is up. His take on Hound Dog was just such a snooze fest! Sure his voice sounded good, as it always does, but people are not gonna vote for him if they are bored out of their minds. I'm not saying that Adam was the best idea for mentor because he's been on the scene for approximately 45 minutes, but I DO think his advice should've been taken here and Andrew should've sped up the tempo a bit or something. I just think the judges were right in the beginning of the top 24...Andrew peaked WAY early with that Paula Abdul song and has been trying to catch back up to it ever since. He got close a few times, but never really got up enough momentum to QUITE get back to where he was with that performance. I think he's going home this week..... along with...

Aaron: Oh, my. For the love of all that is awkward! I might've been the only one that thought this, but he looked SO uncomfortable boppin' around the stage like that! I don't know WHAT was up with Kara's "I like seeing you out of your comfort zone" comment, because WOW, I don't think he should ever go out of his comfort zone if that's gonna be what he looks like when he does it! His vocals weren't horrible, but the performance as a whole was just not good. There is just no reason why he should stay another week. Not one. And as much as I thought a few weeks ago that he should stay over Tim Urban.. I'm beginning to rethink that one.

Tim: Well, he did it again. He actually sang most of the song in tune and he managed to do it without annoying me this week. WHAT is going on?! Just when I think I will never like the kid, he goes and has a slightly better than half way decent performance. His guitar playing was great, I thought. And his vocals were MUCH better than they have been in previous weeks. And let's just face it....if dude wasn't even IN the bottom three last week..there is literally no way he's going home after doing better this week than he did last week. I still do not think he deserves to be as far as he is, nor do I believe he should go any further than a 7th place finish... but I'd be willing to bet he won't be one of the two people leaving tomorrow.

Lee: He's another one that I feel like I don't really have much to say about anymore. He is consistent in his performances, has never once made me cringe due to any horrific vocals, and is fairly likable despite his somewhat absent personality at times. He's a mix between David Cook and Danny Goeky. Good tone...a slight rock vibe... and just good, solid performances for the most part throughout the competition. I'm not excited about him and never really have been, but there's nothing about him that I dislike either. He's just kind of "there" for me. I like him, I'm just not crazy about anything he does.

Casey: I sound like a broken record here, but again...what is there to say about him that hasn't already been said? I agree with the judges that it was just okay for him tonight, but again....nothing horrible has ever come out of his mouth and he's got a decent enough voice that I usually enjoy most of what he does. But am I jumping out of my seat and voting for him over and over again? No. Do I get excited to see what he's gonna do every week? No. Do I think I'd ever buy his album or follow his career? No. I still think he'll be around to at least the top 4, but just like a bunch of the rest of them, it just doesn't really matter to me WHERE he ends up.

Alright, I left Big Mike for last because I need to vent about how much he has been BUGGING THE SNOT OUT OF ME lately. I would like to end this blog with a letter, much like I started it. Only this will be a letter to Big Mike, and it will not be showing as much love as my letter to Adam did.

Dear Big Mike:
Please, for the LOVE of God, stop doing the 'double wave' every time you all come out at the beginning of each show. It is annoying. And, even more than that, you look 100% ridiculous when you do it! Also, if you chest bump yourself with your fist ONE more time, I might scream. No...no, I take that back....if you chest bump yourself WHILE closing your eyes in a "much too long/I'm just taking it all in and relishing the moment" mega blink...THEN I will scream!! Why? Why have you suddenly become so arrogant? You walk out onto the stage every week as if you think you BELONG there or have some sort of entitlement to be there. You need to dial down the cocky if you want to stay out of the lowest vote getter club. I can guarantee that is why people stopped voting for you. It can't be because of your voice, because that part of you is actually really great. You always sound good and your pitch is always spot on... which is why it's a shame that people are starting not to like you. Seriously, just quit with the double wave and the "I think I'm the star of the show" vibe you've been having lately. It's not working for you and I'd like you to stop. You deserve to be in the upper half of this top 9, and the constant lip licking and fist pumping are going to keep putting you at the bottom of it if you don't knock it off already!!

Whew... ok, I'm done! I'm not sure who else will be in the bottom three, but I'm pretty sure that Andrew and Aaron will be the ones to go home this week. I'm also pretty sure that seeing Ryan dancing with that guy (who apparently was Michael Sarver from last season) was completely unnecessary and a little to weird to have been happening.

I'm just ready for tomorrow night's Adam performance!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I love you, G!!! I so hope we are saying good-bye to Andrew and Aaron tonight. Andrew really should have listened to Adam...too bad for him. It was bad. Real bad. But not as bad as Aaron. I just want them to go now.

    K...love ya...buh-bye! :~)

    ReplyDelete