Friday, March 5, 2010

...and 4 more say goodbye!

Well I'd say that tonight's elimination show was verging on just perfect. With the exception of the fact that Tim Urban SOMEHOW managed to stay safe and didn't even flirt with the idea of being eliminated, AND the fact that Andrew Garcia had almost the lowest number of votes tonight..I'd say everything else went really great!

John Park and Jermaine, the two boys who left tonight, for sure should've stayed over Tim Urban..who was actually the first guy to be told he was safe. Seriously... he better not be around too much longer or I'll start to get really annoyed. And speaking of people that shouldn't stay too much longer... little Andrew Kelly should most definitely have been in the bottom two over Andrew Garcia. I was quite surprised to find the early front runner standing where he stood tonight. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for him to get back to the excellence we saw in Hollywood week from him. So even though Tim and Aaron SHOULD have been the two to leave tonight, neither Jermaine or John ever had a shot at winning the whole thing anyway so it doesn't really matter in the long run. Andrew, Big Mike, Adorable Alex Lambert, and maybe Lee DeWyze if he does something next week to really impress me, are the only 4 that I'll really care to see in the top 10 or 12. The rest of the guys just don't really do it for me.

Now, the ladies elimination...can I get a Hallelujah!! Those are, without a doubt, the two that I wanted to see go home tonight! Michelle whatever-her-last-name-is-cuz-she-wasn't-good-enough-for-me-to-remember-it was virtually SHOCKED when she got the boot. Me? Not surprised in the least. Sure, her departure allowed Didi to stay in spite of a horrible performance on Tuesday, but the truth of the matter is...Didi had more previous air time AND is a lot better than what she sounded on Tuesday. She can redeem herself. And she better! It made me very happy to see Michelle go tonight. BUT...not as happy as seeing Haeley leave!! I honestly thought she was gonna stick around way longer than she ever should have, but I am SO glad that that is not going to be the case. She didn't have the chops. Just couldn't cut it. Even if she had squeaked her way into the top 12, there is NO WAY she ever would've or should've come close to winning it, so it's better to get her off sooner rather than later. It helps all true American Idol fans... this way we don't have to be annoyed week 3 of the top 12 competition when she's still around. Thank the Lord she won't be!!

As far as Danny Goekey's performance. It was pretty good. He still sounds great. There is still just something about him that bothers me though. I can't put my finger on it, just like I couldn't really figure it out last season either, but something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know. I would just really like if they kept up this trend of last season contestants and brought back my love Adam. He's probably too busy being wonderful and more famous than all the rest of them though....so maybe that won't happen....but I can still hope though. (Oh, and as a side note....I promise to try to limit the number of Adam name drops I do this season. I'm fairly certain that I have already mentioned him in every blog so far, but I'll try to dial it back and remember that he's not on the show anymore...as sad as it is) ;)

Alright... until next week!!

3 comments: