Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finally... the right move!

Could it be? Could it really be!? Did something actually go RIGHT tonight on American Idol? Well... look at that!! PAIGE IS GONE!! The world is surely rejoicing tonight because, for the VERY first time this season, the exact three people that should've been in the bottom 3, WERE in the bottom 3. And even better than that, the bottom 2 were actually the right bottom 2. And the BEST news of all.. the RIGHT person went home!! I never thought I'd see the day. Let's all just cross our fingers that this will be the first step in the right direction and that the remainder of the show will continue to redeem itself. I'm believing that it can. I have to believe that, I just have to.

So other than my sheer elation that Paige is a goner, let's discuss a few things about tonight's episode. First things first.... did anyone else notice that Ryan apparently forgot to tell us that Lee and Casey were safe and both guys were left standing as we went to commercial break? Hilarious. Especially from Ryan who is usually right on top of things. Secondly, are we really supposed to believe that Miley's performance was actually happening "live"?? Please. Sure, she was SINGING it live....as in not lip syncing (like those AWFUL group numbers that they REALLY need to veto!), but she was for sure not performing that in the middle of the show like they wanted us to believe. The dead give away was the fact that they never showed the judges. They were talking about them but never shot the camera their way. And why not? Because they were not sitting there. If you look at the wide shots when she was singing you can SO totally tell that those are just filler people. Hey, Fox Broadcasting network, let's try to get some more believable body doubles next time. You're not fooling anyone... at least not me anyway. As far as Miley's performance goes... I actually liked it. She was straining JUST a bit for those higher notes, but I really liked that song (I know, I was surprised by that fact too!) and I thought all in all she did a good job. The head banging while wearing that white satin gown? Um... yeah, not the best idea. She looked ridiculous and should never do that again.

Joe Jonas and Demi Levato were presh. It was like a 14 year old's dream show tonight (or, in the case of my 23 year old sister who has an unhealthy obsession with the Disney channel... the best night of her life). They sounded good and let's just say, for the record, that Joe Jonas looks 1,000% better with that shorter hair style than his previous shag look. The two of them should really think about being in love.

For the first time this season, I will be going to bed tonight thoroughly pleased with the way the show turned out. I sincerely hope that this won't be the only time this season that I feel this way. OH... I almost forgot to talk about how horribly insulting, yet wonderfully fantastic, it was to have Simon tell Paige that she might as well not even sing her "will you save me?" song because it just wasn't gonna happen. Loved it! Brutal, and straight to the point! Something I think is lacking on the show this year...even from Simon. So good job with that! Oh, and Crystal telling Ryan that she'd be listening to "herself" when he asked her who she'd be listening to regarding her performances... loved it! She's great. No messing around with that one. Love it.

Well, Season 9... you're on your way out of the woods. Please don't do anything stupid to ruin that. We've already had enough crap this season... just put the past in the past and keep movin' up! You've still got a LONG way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment